If you have had a full real estate license in another state for at least one year and are moving to Arizona, you are eligible to waive the 90 hours of pre-licensing education and take the “Out-of-State Recognition” state exam. There are specific items you will need if you would like to get licensed with this process. Attached are the following items, along with a link and discount code on the cost sheet if you prefer online prep programs. Click on the following items to download them:
- Timeline – this is a visual timeline showing steps toward getting your license when waiving the 90 hours with what is called “out-of-state recognition” (Arizona’s version of license reciprocity).
- Reciprocal Exam & Requirements Checklist – this shows each category that is tested on in the state exam and how many questions for each so you know what to study. It also has requirements to start gathering / working on.
- Tuition & Price List – shows approximate state costs for licensing steps and our school costs for items that may be helpful as you study for your state exam. We also have links for online prep apps. Most people that pass the first time either complete the paper binder OR do the complete online prep app we are an affiliate for with the discount code and attend one of our 4-hour review sessions. We offer these sessions weekly.
- ADRE Out-of-State Recognition Information & Forms – this is an attachment published by the Arizona Department of Real Estate (ADRE) that describes the process with some of the required forms attached.
Scheduling the State Exam – CANDIDATE HANDBOOK
When you are ready to take your state exam, read over the CANDIDATE HANDBOOK from Pearson Vue and make sure you know ALL the rules for taking the exam, including what to bring, when to arrive, etc. (they are very strict).
The candidate handbook gives the website and phone number to call to schedule on the first page after the cover page. Here are the steps to use their website to schedule your exam:
- Go to pearsonvue.com
- Click on “test takers”
- Click on “schedule exam”
- On the “ready, set, go” line type in ARIZONA REAL ESTATE
- Click “Create Account” (or sign in if already created)
- Click “View Exams”
- Choose the one you need (usually the last one called “Arizona Out of State Recognition SALES”)
- Then, look over the exam locations to choose the time that works for you… FYI – the location called “B & B Evaluations” usually has the most choices for available dates and times.